SANTOS CARVALHO & ASSOCIADOS, SROC, S.A. was founded in 1989 by Antonio Santos Carvalho. Presently composed by a new generation of partners, we provide audit, tax consultancy and advisory services. We also have established partnerships with several legal firms to be able to provide our clients and network partners a full service.
We are registered in the Chartered Auditors Chambers and in the Securities Market Commission Auditors List (CMVM).
Our clients are national and multinational companies (or groups) from the financial, non-financial and public sector, not only SMEs but large companies, as well as resident & non-resident persons. We also render services to several public interest entities, including Banks, State Hospitals and City Halls, also providing services to several industrial companies covering the entire north and center region of Portugal.
Presently, the Firm is also expanding its operations to Funchal in Madeira Island.
Our performance over the last financial year has placed us in a top position within the non binfour firms operating in the north and center region of Oporto
Our range of services include
Audit & related services
- Statutory audit of accounts
- Interim reviews
- Reporting of organizations
- Evaluation of internal control systems
- Financial reports
- Certification of credits for tax purposes
- Audit of European Union programs
- Independent preparation of external audits
Tax consultancy (& support) services:
- Support in planning, definition and implementation of sustainable tax policies, locally and globally
- On-going tax consulting
- Assistance in tax optimization (within the various taxes)
- Support in the fulfilment of the various tax (declarative and documental) obligations
- Support in the application (where applicable) for financial and tax incentives
- Support in tax inspections
- Support in the procedures to avoid international double taxation (arbitrage convention, mutual agreements, arbitration agreement) and negotiation of advance transfer pricing agreements (unilateral, bilateral or multi-lateral)
Advisory (& business support) services:
- Supporting the growth and/or internationalization of your business
- Performance evaluation and value creation analisis
- Risk assessment and management recommendations
- Due diligence
- Evaluation and restructuring of companies (or groups)
- Merger & acquisitions (from an accounting and tax perspective)
- Analysis and feasibility studies of companies/business