Managing the tax and social security aspects of expatriate employees can be highly complex and time consuming. There are a myriad of potential issues to be considered before the assignment commences, including:
- Structuring the assignment
- Tax equalisation policies
- Understanding tax treaties and foreign tax credits
- Maintaining social security coverage
- Tax compliance in home and host countries
- Re-integration into the home country tax regime
It is important that both you and your senior employees have peace of mind, knowing that their tax and social security aspects have been dealt with, leaving your employees free to concentrate on the business aspects of their assignments. This requires specialist advice from advisers who understand your needs and the needs of your expatriate employees.
To learn how Nexia member firms have helped their clients, click here.